SendStory collects personal information in the form of a User Profile. The User consents to upload and create a SendStory Page with SendStory. The User also consents to having the Profile accessible and available to all. We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
Usage of Information Collected
- We collect information on Users in order to facilitate the operation of the SendStory Platform.
- The User consents and knowingly chooses to disclose all information that is uploaded to the SendStory Platform in the form of a Profile. When you add to your Profile with further information about yourself, you agree that any registration information you give to SendStory will always be accurate, correct and up to date.
- The SendStory Search Facility is available to all Users. Users are also invited to enter personal information which provides an enhanced set of search results.
- When you sign up for a SendStory Account (or 'SendStory') or other SendStory services or promotions that require registration, we ask you for personal information such as name and email address. After you have created your Profile we provide you with the option to add additional personal information such as phone number. We may combine the information that you submit under your Profile with information from other SendStory, in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services or to suggest to you people you might want to know, or other people who may have skills of interest to you. For certain information, we give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information within your account settings page.
- When you use SendStory, you may set up your Profile, form community networks, send messages, perform searches and queries, set up events, add applications, transmit information through various channels and send emails or other communications to SendStory. We collect the personal information as outlined above so that we can provide you the service and offer personalized features. In most cases, we retain it so that, for instance, you can return to view prior messages you have sent or easily see your community network list.
- SendStory has the right to reformat and move SendStory, and Profile information. SendStory reserve the right to remove, edit the look and feel of, move or close any Profile for any reason and to suspend or ban any User Account for any reason.
- SendStory may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our search technology, customized content and advertising.
- Providing our services, primarily making SendStory available to all;
- Providing more relevant search results by utilizing data provided by the User;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of SendStory;
- Protecting the rights or property of SendStory or our Users; and
- Developing new services.
Information Usage Rights
- When you register with SendStory, you create your own Profile. We may use your name and email address to send you notifications. If you no longer wish to receive these email communications, you may unsubscribe by following the instruction contained in each of the emails you receive.
- Profile information is used by SendStory primarily to be presented back to and edited by you when you access the service and to be presented to all.
- The Profile information that you submit to SendStory (including phone numbers) will be available to all Users of the SendStory Platform (whether the user is or is not a registered member of the SendStory platform). All Profile information will be available in search results generated for Users and may be made available to third-party search engines. If you no longer wish to have your information indexed you have the option of deleting your Account. People that see your name in searches will be able to access your Profile information without registering with the SendStory Platform. If you do not want to be listed in our directory you have the option of deleting your Account.
- Profile information is used by SendStory to improve the functionality of the SendStory Platform.
- SendStory may send you service-related announcements from time to time through the general operation of the service.
- SendStory may use information in your Profile without identifying you as an individual to third parties. We do this for purposes such as aggregating how many people are in a network like a group of electricians, and also personalizing advertisements and promotions so that we can provide you with up to date SendStory promotions and sponsors of community groupings. We believe this benefits you. Where such information is used, we generally allow you to specify in your User Account Settings that you do not want this to be done or to take other actions that limit the connection of this information to your Profile (e.g. removing photo tag links).
Children under 14 years of age
SendStory does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 14 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 14, please do not attempt to register for SendStory or send any personal information about yourself to us (including your name, address, telephone number or email address). No one under the age of 14 may provide any personal information to SendStory on the Profile Platform. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 14 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
Children between ages 14 to 18 years old
We recommend that children 14 years of age or older seek permission from their parents prior to sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet.
- We may provide information to service providers such as an email service provider to send out emails on our behalf, an author management service to provide you with our blog and a customer support service to gather feedback and assist you with questions to help us bring you the services we offer. Specifically, we may use third parties to facilitate our business. In connection with these offerings and business operations, our service providers may have access to your personal information for use for a limited time in connection with these business activities. Where we utilize third parties for the processing of any personal information, we implement reasonable contractual and technical protections limiting the use of that information to the SendStory-specified purposes. This site uses various analytics services to monitor and improve the quality and usability of the SendStory Platform.
- We may be required to disclose User information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. We do not reveal information until we have a good faith belief that an information request by law enforcement or private litigants meets applicable legal standards. Additionally, we may share Account or other information when we believe it is necessary to comply with law, to protect our interests or property, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity perpetrated through the SendStory service or using the SendStory name, or to prevent imminent bodily harm. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, agents or government agencies.
- If SendStory becomes involved in a merger, acquisition or any form of sale of some or all of its assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site for 30 days of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information. You can share your SendStory information with outside applications and websites such as Facebook to make your experiences on those applications and websites better and more commercial.
- We are not responsible for any third party applications and websites that you interact with through the SendStory Platform.
- If you log in to SendStory using one of these application's or website's sign-in services and connect with your SendStory Account, that application or website can access information on SendStory related to you and your contacts and generate and publish stories about actions you take on that application or website without any additional permission. An application or website that you connect with can generally access the same information that you can see about yourself and your contacts, and an application or website that your contacts connect with can access the same information about you that the contacts can see.
- You can report any suspected misuse of the SendStory Platform to us, and we will investigate the claim and take appropriate action.
- If the ownership of all or substantially all of the SendStory business, or individual business units owned by SendStory, were to change, your User information may be transferred to the new owner so the service can continue operations. In any such transfer of information, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- All sharing of information is done at your own risk.
Internal and External Links
Changing or Removing Information
Access and control over most personal information on SendStory is readily available through the settings page. SendStory Users may modify or delete any of their Account information at any time by logging into their Account. Individuals who wish to delete their SendStory Account may do so through your User Account Settings. Removed information may persist in back-up copies for a reasonable period of time but will not be generally available to Users of SendStory.
We will retain your information for as long as your Account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
If you wish to request the deletion of an unauthorized profile, you may do so by emailing us at contact@SendStory.co.
If you wish to update your privacy settings you may do so by going to the User Account Settings tab in your account center after logging into your account.
Where you make use of the communication features of the service to share information with other individuals on SendStory, however, (e.g. sending a personal message to another SendStory User) you generally cannot remove such communications. SendStory reserves the right to remove any data stored on the platform.
- Deleting your Account. If you delete your Account, Users will not be able to see it but it will not be deleted. When you delete your account however, it is permanently deleted. You will not be able to reinstate your Account and you will have to create a new Account.
- Even after you deactivate or delete your Account, you should be aware that copies of the information may remain accessible elsewhere, specifically in relation to the extent that it has been previously shared with others, or if it was copied or stored by other Users.
SendStory takes appropriate precautions to protect our Users' information. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. Your Account information is located on a secure server behind a firewall. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at contact@SendStory.co .
Regarding Our Terms Above
When we receive formal written or emailed complaints it is SendStory's policy to contact the complaining User regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between SendStory and an individual.
SendStory makes reading the news super fast, short, and sweet by summarizing every story into 3 sentences. Our mission is to create an informed generation of people by making news extremely easy to read, while saving your precious time staying informed.